Saturday, August 18, 2012

Being "that" customer


It's monsoon season here in Tucson, my absolute favorite time of year! I love this season that is so unique to the desert. Maybe it is the unpredictability of these storms or the absolute power they release, whatever the reason, when the rains come to Tucson, it's truly a magical time of the year.
We woke up to overcast skies with high humidity, promising conditions for a day filled with pop up storms. After I spent most of the morning making soup, David and I wanted to take Mackenzie to the splash pad. The thing with monsoons is, while they do cause heavy torential downpours and crazy lightening they don't last very long so we decided to make the most of the day and head out. I took my camera to get video of Kenzie splish splashin around, and I lucked out in getting some shots of the breathtaking monsoon clouds around town.
The splash pad is more in the valley and the majority of the storms were happening in and around the mountain so after Kenzie had her fill of the water and it was time for lunch we decided to skip the soup and head to a place with a patio for an optimal view of the beautiful weather. The idea of going out to eat during this 2 week vegan diet, sorta gave me anxiety. Working in the industry I know it's extra work dealing with dietary restrictions.  I don't wanna be "that" customer with all their specifications, staring mis-trustingly down their nose at the waiter as if they know their food is going to come out wrong before even giving it a chance. I planned on enjoying meals cooked at home to avoid this and the possibility of cheating. However, anybody that knows me, knows that I'm really not much of a planner I just don't like to be tied down to any one thing. I find happiness in living in the moment, having the freedom to change plans because circumstances are always changing making life unpredictable and it just ads stress when I feel I'm tied down or locked in. We ended up at Blanco Tacos & Tequila the waiter was very accommadating, I ordered the guacamole tostada minus the cheese with vegetarian black beans and their flavor of the month "cherry tart" margarita, everything was delicious! As we were hoping a huge downpour came through while were we eating rounding out a wonderful experience. If I learned anything from today it's that while changing your diet can certainly change many aspects of your lifestyle, it doesn't have take away from the things that make you happy ask long as those things aren't meat, cheese, or butter! :)

2 comments:

  1. Love Blanco's. It's a great place to enjoy Tucson's beautiful scenery. What a great idea to eat a guacamole tostada with veggie black beans and no cheese. The cherry Tart margarita sounds delicious. Let me know how you're feeling now that you've been eating vegan. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leandra! Blanco's is pretty awesome! We had a wonderful time there. I think the cherry tart margarita is the best flavor of the month one I've ever had, they sugar and salted the rim! I'm feeling better than I have felt in a really long time just more energy and I feel sharper

    ReplyDelete