Friday, August 17, 2012

Taste Plate

Today was a really busy day. I went to work at the daycare, then I had to go straight to a doctors apt. I was able to come home for a couple hrs and then it was off to work at Sullivan's, which I might add is a steak house.  99.7% of the menu has meat, is butter drenched or drowning in cream and cheese. When I arrive for my shift everyday we have this thing called "taste plate" where the cooks prepare and set forth every single appetizer, salad, soup, side dish and dessert on the menu. This is sort of a fun approach to QC/QA so that the chef may maintain the highest quality, best tasting dishes. The staff is encouraged to participate, to make a plate and enjoy.  This is great for the starving artist/waiters, restaurant staff who spend all their money on hookers and blow or the insanely busy who don't have the time to eat before coming in to work. Today however, taste plate proved to be a test of my will power. While the banana foster bread pudding a la mode often calls my name upon my arrival, I passed the whole thing by... not even thinking twice!
Before heading in to work today I filled up on these chia seed Go Raw cookies dipped in almond butter, I can honestly say I was satisfied all night and really wasn't tempted! As with any diet, hunger is the greatest enemy, yet with this way of eating I really have yet to experience that "on a diet" hungry feeling.  I feel great. While I know it's only day three and I haven't really changed all that much in my body, I'm definitely feeling revitalized, which is something I must say, I haven't felt in a really, really long time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment