Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Plant Based Diet

I'm inspired to try out a plant based diet. I'm going to give it a whirl for 2 weeks and see where it leads. I know I'm going to need to document the positives as well as the challenges for this to be a success. I figured the infancy of my blog would be the best way to keep on online journal of my quest.
So today is day one and I've decided to make a vegetable stock in my crock pot so that my family and I may enjoy delicious, animal protein free soup! In addition I think I'm going to try out quinoa tacos and a multitude of  the vegan recipes I've looked longingly upon but my carnivorous soul has been too pompous to try.
I'm entering this way of eating for a number of reasons: I am currently recovering from a cold and am hoping this will aid my immune system by reducing inflammation.  I have been feeling very sluggish and tired lately like my body is screaming for help!  School is starting in a week and I feel this will give me a head start with a clear head. Also I recently watched the documentary Forks over Knives and I can't stop thinking about it!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I know how you love meat but I'm 'rooting' for you! Good luck i hope this helps you feel better! What are you going to school for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Michelle! Miss you. Thank you and yes feel great! I'm going to school for nutrition but still have a ways to go... How's life in Salt Lake?

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to try making my own stock. Making it in the Crock-Pot is a dream come true. Seems so much more easier with less clean-up! I'm so glad you're blogging. I'm sure I will be learning a lot from you. Oh and those quinoa taco's sound so good and nutritious. I too have been feeling sluggish for a very long time and with Brandon's health issues and mine it would be a great idea to clean up our diet! I know it's going to take a lot of planning but you are inspiring me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! It's not as hard as you might think. And is definitely worth a try. You should make those tacos! :)

      Delete